Highland Animal Hospital

Health & Travel Certificates

In some cases, traveling to another state, country, or continent can require that you get certain health and travel certificates for your pet from a licensed veterinarian. Fortunately, Highland Animal Hospital can help!

Traveling With Your Pet?

Planning to travel with your pet? Let us know so we can help you prepare*!

Requirements for pets traveling within and outside the U.S. have become more stringent, often requiring a health certificate and a current rabies vaccination at a minimum. Many countries also require microchip identification and the completion of a health certificate by an accredited veterinarian. To avoid travel delays, schedule a visit for a health certificate as soon as possible and check USDA pet travel regulations specific to your destination.

During your pet’s visit, we will make sure he or she is:

  • Disease-free
  • Parasite-free
  • Current on Vaccines
  • Up-to-date on required lab tests
  • Healthy enough for travel

If you are traveling by air, make sure to present your pet’s health certificate to the airline within 10 days of travel. Importantly, when possible, bring your pet in the passenger cabin with you. This is for your pet’s safety and comfort. If you pet needs to travel in the cargo hold, obtain an Acclimation Certificate ensuring your pet’s protection while in the air.

*Please note that we are only able to offer this service to our current clients at this time. 

Join the Highland Animal Hospital Family Today!

Located directly across from St. Marys Cemetery and just a quarter mile from John Eliot Elementary School.

Phone: 781-433-0467

  • Monday:
  • Tuesday:
  • Wednesday:
  • Thursday:
  • Friday:
  • Saturday:
  • Sunday: